An Easter Dress for A



    The second Easter dress I made is from vintage pattern Advance 6975. This pattern appears to be from the 1950's and had nothing printed on it! It had a few markings and words stamped into it. Thankfully, the style was simple enough with not many pattern pieces- a huge relief since I have never made a garment from this sort of pattern before.

(this photo was borrowed from the internet)

    I sewed up view 1. The sleeves are part of the dress bodice making it a simple sew- no set in sleeves! They were slip stitched in place like the directions called for. I didn't make a sash for the waist. It was cute enough without it! When I picked out this pattern from my stash, I didn't realize that it was a full circle skirt. It has some impressive twirl factor! It took a whole two and a half yards of fabric for this little frock in a size 8! I did add a couple inches to the skirt. I was worried that since it was a vintage pattern that it might be short. The finished length is quite nice, I think. 

      The bow in the front is made from black velvet ribbon. I thought it contrasted nicely with high white collar, giving it a very vintage look! The collar has textured, floral embroidery on it. The yellow fabric was a gift from a friend and the same stuff I used for an Easter dress for V,








Comments