Easter Dress for V


    For Easter this year I sewed up dresses for two of my girlies. The first was Simplicity 1208 in a size 6. This post will be about that one and the next will be dress two...an adorable vintage pattern from the 40's or 50's, I believe, and matching fabric!
    My fabric was a pretty yellow cotton with pink flowers. This has been in my stash for years. It was a gift from a friend who was moving. It sewed up easily and with minimal help from my good friend. Seam Ripper. I particularly like the knotted sleeves and the lace accent. Another plus is the cute loop buttons. I was happy to see them, because my buttonhole stitch on my machine has been a pain lately! 
The only only adjustment I made was to add a couple inches to the skirt since my daughter, V, is a little tall for her age, and I wanted her to be able to wear it longer.  The flower on the front is safety pinned on so it doesn't get wrecked in the wash. It comes off before washing and goes back on after ironing. 
My daughter was very pleased with it, and I love it, too!














.

Comments